UPDATE – 15 Apr 2019
A photographer has been found for this even. Many thanks to all the photographers who responded!
“My daughter is graduating from U of IA and wants some shots with family around campus. This will be just for our family of 5, I don’t need super professional. It is just a memory that we want to mark for this special event in her life.”
“We would need the photos taken around campus on May 10th. Early afternoon would work best, we have a formal dinner arranged at 5:00.”
To be discussed
“I would like to get things set up as early as possible. Some examples of the photographers work would be greatly appreciated.”
Please contact the Iowa City Photographers Guild using the form below if you are interested in this photo event. Thanks!
In need of a photographer to cover our spring ball. We’ll need the person to work for three hours from 6.30pm to 9.30. Delivery may include soft copies of fine tuned/edited pictures and any other media the photographer may suggest.
Event: MBA Springball 2017
Date: May 6, 2017
Venue: Old Brick, Iowa City
To be discussed
Today, 4 May 2017
Contact Anthony Ogbuanu to apply:
The following description is from the University of Iowa website:
This year’s MBA Spring Ball will be at Old Brick at 26 E. Market St, Iowa City, IA. The event will start at 6PM on May 6th. There will be no transportation provided as the venue hall is located directly behind the Pomerantz Career Center. Tickets will be $20 for MBAA members, and $35 for non-MBAA members. Please contact Hayle Cho or Benjamin Hjelmaas if you have any questions about the RSVP and payment process.. RSVP and Payments Deadline is April 24th.
Would like to take a professional group and individuals (9 employees) at our office in Coralville, and maybe a few shots of the office building.
Date / Time
January 12th or 13th in the morning, around 9-10am (shouldn’t take more than an hour)
We will pay the photographer for their time. Please contact us to discuss pricing.
We would appreciate hearing from you soon, since we would like these photos taken in only a few weeks. Thank You.
- Name: Evan Mayer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 319-354-7501
We need a photographer who can take professional product shots, for products which will be displayed on a website. You will need experience having done this before and appropriate equipment/white screens etc so our products look crisp and professionally done.
If you respond to our ad, please include your costs in your email (at least as an approximate).
January 4, 2015
Contact Anant Kamath to apply:
I’m looking for a photographer for roughly one hour, this Saturday, July 14th. I am staging a conceptual performance of Samuel Beckett’s “Waiting for Godot” and would like live documentation. You will have total creative freedom! Please call me at 207-632-6751. Thanks! Sonja
- Location: This will be a performance in downtown Iowa City.
- Payment: $30 per hour
- Deadline: ASAP. Performance is this Saturday.
- Contact: Sonja Bjelic by email email@example.com or phone/text 207-632-6751.
We’ve all witnessed the fusion of photography and videography in recent years. Increasingly the same tripods, lighting, and DSLR cameras used for still images are being used for video, and many of the same principles of lighting and composition apply to video as well as photography. Media projects often require still images and motion video. So, companies are increasingly hiring people who can fill the role of photographer and videographer. If you have an equal fluency in photography as well as videography, you may be interested in the full-time job opening at the University of Iowa described below.
* * *
Source: Below is an excerpt from the University of Iowa Job Listing found here: https://jobs.uiowa.edu/pands/view/63980
- The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (CLAS), Dean’s Office, has an opening for a Creative Media Specialist. This position will function as a photographer and videographer tasked with creating and managing visual/multimedia communications for CLAS and its departments and programs.
Type of Position
Regular: A position which is considered essential for the effective long-term operation of the university. Persons appointed to this position will receive the privileges and benefits associated with regular employment status.
- Media Production
- Project and Production Management
Note to Applicant
- The qualifications for this job posting are described as competencies or the behaviors needed to be successful in performing the duties of the position at a defined proficiency level/standard. The proficiency level required for each qualification is included.
- Please assure that your application/resume and/or cover letter illustrates the work experience, knowledge, skills and abilities you have that meet each of the required qualifications.
Proficiency Levels are Defined as:
- Basic Application – Uses basic understanding of the field to perform job duties; may need some guidance on job duties; applies learning to recommend options to address unusual situations.
- Working Experience – Successfully completes diverse tasks of the job; applies and enhances knowledge and skill in both usual and unusual issues; needs minimal guidance in addressing unusual situations.
- Extensive Experience – Performs without assistance; recognized as a resource to others; able to translate complex nuances to others; able to improve processes; focus on broad issues.
- Expert/Leader – Seen as an expert and/or leader; guides, troubleshoots; has strategic focus; applies knowledge and skill across or in leading multiple projects/orgs; demonstrates knowledge of trends in field; leads in developing new processes.
- For more information about competencies, visit: http://www.uiowa.edu/hr/classcomp/prof/competencies.html
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, cinema, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in professional videography/photography production and digital asset management.
- Extensive proficiency with, and knowledge of current and emerging trends in, photographic and video equipment used in all stages of production for print and online use.
- Demonstrated creativity in photography and video, employed in the service of advancing key strategic messaging points, as demonstrated at an extensive proficiency level.
- Extensive knowledge of online platforms for photography and video. Ability to produce in a variety of formats.
- Working knowledge of photo/video editing software, e.g., Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Adobe Bridge.
- Working ability to juggle numerous tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Working experience with UI, or other higher-education institution, policies and procedures.
- Basic experience with journalism.
Click here to learn more or apply.
Opportunity to work with student organization at the University of Iowa to photograph a group of graduating seniors.
Group shoot: Sunday, May 11, 2014 in the afternoon (Approximately 1-2 hours of time at most) in Iowa City on the University of Iowa campus.
The photographer will be paid for their time. Please contact Courtney Rohde for more details to negotiate a contract.
Please contact Courtney ASAP, no later than Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 12 PM.
Contact Courtney Rohde to apply:
- Phone: 309-830-0038
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two great opportunities coming up this week to work with one of Iowa City’s best professional photographers!
Michael Kreiser needs an assistant for two events this week:
- Commercial Shoot, Wednesday, November 6, early morning, location is North Liberty
- Wedding, Saturday, November 9, all day (about 10 to 12 hours long), location is Iowa City and Wellman
The assistant(s) will be paid for their time. Contact Michael Kreiser for details.
Please contact Michael ASAP, no later than Monday, November 4th at 5PM.
Contact Michael Kreiser to apply:
Many thanks to everyone in the Iowa City, Coralville, North Liberty, and corridor area who responded to this posting. Click the map below for a larger view.